Dorothy + Aaron // Half a Year

Dorothy + Aaron. 

As with so many couples, there are not enough words to describe how wonderful these two people are. To begin, Dorothy has been a fundamental and extremely encouraging piece in my whole journey as a photographer. She was one of the only people who really took me seriously and helped guide me along the stormy sees that is running your own small business- especially while being a student. My appreciation for Dorothy extends all the way to moon and I am still figuring out how to properly thank her for investing into my life when I was a young teen, to where I am at now.

Something I love about Dorothy is that she really really loves people, too. Which is so evident in her life. Over the past 6 ish years of friendship, I have stood from a distance and watched her love on so many people. From her amazing trips to Uganda to how she graciously serves all of her clients. Dorothy is the kind of soul that you could call up at 3 am and say "Hi. I need your help" and without question, she would be there. She is faithful, wise, kind, generous, among many other adjectives. 

I only met Aaron a year ago and with the limited time we spend together, one would think that I wouldn't have a great grasp on who he is. Well yeah, I am still learning about how freakin' awesome he is, but my list of things I love about Aaron is quite expansive as well. Number one being he loves Dorothy and he loves Jesus. But not that average everyday love, but a fierce love that I cannot really even wrap my head around. Their love is so very special and I really wish everyone could witness it. Also Aaron loves doughnuts so thats a plus. 
And ice cream. 
So when I met him for the first time, its easy to say we got along quite nicely. 

Bottom line, these are two very very special people with a special story and a special love and a special future ahead of them. They make an excellent team.

For this quick celebratory shin-dig, we ran around Volunteer Park and giggled as the sun set while snapping a few photos. Lets be clear: shooting a photographer who you admire A LOT comes with intense pressure. Woah. But these two love birds have a certain energy that is laid back, calm, and inviting. So thanks for that, Dorothy and Aaron. 

About 6 months after these photographs were taken, Aaron asked Dorothy to spend forever with him. They become Husband + Wife this coming September, and I am ready to dance the night away and celebrate them with all I got. 

Yay, love sweet love. 























No comments: