Franklin Falls Hike













































The best moments are spent on the trail. Yesterday was no exception- a short, sunny and snowy hike that led to gorgeous views of cascading waterfalls which were frozen over by thick ice. 

Franklin Falls is northeast, in the Snoqualmie Forest. Hidden between both sections of I-90, and tucked down in the woods. As sunny as it was, ice was EVERYWHERE (as you can see in the photos). Logan rolled his eyes when I insisted that we bring trekking poles for stability… He did have a ton of entertainment sliding around on the trail, while I proudly carried my pole! I also read that to get down to the falls we would need crampons or Microspikes but we decided that we were fine. Yep, WTA was right… I slipped on the ice and definitely bruised myself a bit. But nonetheless, we were able to traverse down an icy hill with some boulders for footholds, and reach a flat spot to catch some photos of the falls. 

After miles of trekking, Seattle was on the horizon and the sunset was calling our name. So, so, SO beautiful. I am most definitely a sucker for winter sunsets and spending days like these with friends! Not often I take a day off from life and simply explore, but man, I am so thrilled I did it. 

No comments: