The Gossage's // Wedding





The Gossage's. 


Jacquie and Cj are two exceptional souls who I have had the pleasure of calling "friend" for the past two years. And lucky for me, I have watched their amazing, quirky, and adventurous relationship grow and flourish to what it is today. 

To back up a bit...

Jacquie invited me on a blind friend date a couple months after I moved to Bellingham. Jacquie and I became friends in a fast and furious "You're cool. " Wait, you're cool."  "Okay, let's be besties." way. Her friendship has been incredibly integral to my growth as a person and has allowed me to see a different (and tight) side of Bellingham since she spent a good portion of her life calling this place home. She has introduced me to some of the coolest and kindest people, and thanks to the initial invite from CJ and Jacq, I have also been a part of the raddest bible study in Bellingham. Shout out B3^

Weeks into our friendship, she mentioned she was going to see a past guy she dated that she hadn't talked to in years, and that she was both excited and nervous. Since I didn't know Jacquie well, I didn't think much of it. We hung out the following week and when asked about the encounter with the mysterious dude, she lit up and was filled with immense joy. Obviously it went well, because that guy is Cj and they got engaged six months later, and married (almost) exactly a year after they rekindled the love. 

Since that fateful night, Cj has become one of the neatest people in my life and Jacquie has continued to be by my side through thick and thin. Their story is amazing and their hearts are filled with kindness and joy and I just ADORE them. I could go on forever. I was incredibly honored when they asked me to be in their wedding while we were munching on fish 'n chips in Canada last winter. On top of being in the wedding, they also asked me to photograph it. Yipppeeee! Double whammy. Double the fun. 

The day was sweltering hot, filled with gold sparkles, included Chipotle, and spoken vows that would make anyone cry tears of happiness. 

I love these two people so so much. Such a special day to witness and photograph!

Side note: today is Jacq & Cj's ONE YEAR anniversary! So excited to see all the amazing places they venture to this next year as they embark on a one year trip around the globe beginning in February!!




I couldn't have gone through this alone- big big thanks to Anika Shaw for second shooting for me!

Praise-worthy Vendors: 

Venue: Bellingham Market Depot
Florals: A New Leaf 
Brides Dress: BHLDN
Bridesmaids Dresses: Badgley Mischka
Food: CHIPOTLE!












































































































































2 comments:

Unknown said...

Truly amazing photos you have shared here! I am extremely pleased to see all these brilliant photos. We have been looking for affordable outdoor Los angeles wedding venues for our wedding early next year in June.

Unknown said...

Hi Shelby! Is there a way to subscribe to your blog ?