Larry Jamerson- The man with soul.

     Today was a rough day.  Sundays are usually slow, and easy going, but today was different for me. My day consisted of meeting up with friends, thinking about my future, looking at colleges, and weeding out bad relationships in my life. Pretty stressful if you ask me.  As I was taking a stroll down Capitol blvd in Downtown Oly, on my way to Batdorf (my favorite blogging spot) An old man stopped me in my tracks.

    My sour mood was not too happy with stopping and talking to this man, but I soon began to embrace his presence, and found my mood slowly coming to an ease.  Larry asked if I wanted to buy his CD, but I only had a debit card with me. I told him that and he frowned, then replied "May I sing you a song?" I said sure, and began to listen. He also handed me a poem that went just like this:

A Time To Love

"There is too much hate
and very little love

now is the time the time to love
there is too much greed in this world

most everything is getting higher
a time to love

should become our desire

now is the time to love...."

    There were a few more stanza's in the poem, but that was the essence of it. Such a sweet man. I asked him if i could run back to my car,and grab my camera, because I wanted to capture his soul. He agreed and I came back momentarily. I snapped a few pictures while he told me about his life, and about how the world just simply needs some lovin'.  I ended up finding a 5 dollar bill in my car, and he told me I could buy his CD (complete with 10 tracks!!) for 50% off, because I took the time to hear his story. 

   The situation that was sprung upon me at first sounded like a burden. The thought of giving up 3 minutes of my afternoon to hear a few lyrics being tapped against a drum was silly, but It touched me to hear Larry's story and see his soul being portrayed though his music, which was quite touching.  How often do we pass someone by, just because we are in a hurry to get somewhere? To meet a friend or to blog a little?  He reminded me that I need to slow down sometimes and appreciate the little things, because sometimes, the little things make your day that much better. And he for sure, made my day a little bit brighter. 









No comments: